You don’t have money. Others don’t have time. They’d wish you could switch positions.
You know a great people by their attitude towards time. You also know a small minded people by their attitude towards time.
The most important resource in life is time, not money. Money is what you get for investing your time in A or B; hence the saying ‘Time is Money’.
No matter how accidentally rich or resourceful you are, you are not great and wise if you treat time indifferently.
How do you demonstrate that you value and love someone? Two ways;
1. The amount of time you devote to them.
2. The way you value their time or the value you place on their time.
And how best can you know someone doesn’t appreciate you anymore or takes you for granted? One way;
1. He or she will not respect or value your time with him or her.
IF YOU DON’T GIVE TIME, YOU DON’T DESERVE TIME. TIME BEGETS TIME. This is especially true for MOST women like me.We want attention, but never give it. Yet, attention costs time.
Our greatest mental disease as a nation (Nigeria) is our philosophy of time known as ‘African Time’. It’s a terrible and debilitating philosophy of Time. For instance,
* The last person to arrive an occasion is usually the biggest and most important guy or lady on the block. Punctuality is for the poor and obscure.
* The last person to arrive an occasion is usually the busiest guy or lady on the block. Hence, Punctuality is for the IDLE. If you’re really busy you wouldn’t be the first to warm the chairs with your butt. This is how we discourage punctuality. This is our national embarrassment.
In our culture, arriving late and last at an event is more or less a status symbol. A typical Nigerian has an event for 10AM. Hops into his car at 9:55AM for a journey of 15 minutes. He arrives at the event at 10:20AM and meets a long queue. Aghast, he wonders if he’d be able to get a convenient seat in the Hall. He must not sit at the back, he thinks to himself. And then suddenly he is trying to jump the queue and bribe his way in.
People behave that way because of the toxic philosophy of time which they’d believed from infancy.
We will not go far as a people unless we reorient ourselves about Time.